sensorimotor integration is fundamental to school success
Sensorimotor integration is fundamental to school success and learning. Think about the importance of sensorimotor integration to teaching, learning, and memory.
THIS IS A DISCUSSION POST. NO TITLE PAGE, NO INDEX PAGE.
APA FORMATE IS REQUIRED.
ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS BELOW IN SECTION:
Justify why you believe sensory stimulation is so important to include in lesson design and planning.
Provide an example of a stimulus or specific strategy you would implement within your classroom (as an instructional designer or facilitator/teacher) to make learning more effective. Be very specific in explaining how these stimuli would improve student learning and how you believe this strategy addresses brain-based learning.
Be sure to analyze the brainâ€™s role in motor cognition and stimulation and the relationship to teaching and learning.
- Willis, J., & Mitchell, G. (2014). The neuroscience of learning: Principles and applications for educators. (Links to an external site.)San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education.
- Neuroscience for Kids (Links to an external site.)
- Common Sense Education (Links to an external site.)
- Given, B. (2002). Teaching to the brainâ€™s natural learning systems. Alexandria, VA: Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development.
- Jensen, E. (2005). Teaching with the brain in mind. Alexandria, VA.: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.