https://nurseshomeworkhelp.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/nurseshomeworkhelp.png 0 0 Joseph https://nurseshomeworkhelp.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/nurseshomeworkhelp.png Joseph2021-06-22 22:27:512021-06-22 22:27:51what is nursing informatics best practices
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
what is nursing informatics best practices
- Nursing Informatics Best Practices
- Toggle Drawer Overview
Write 3â€“5 pages in which you describe a nursing informatics best practices policy for effective and safe data use in a nursing practice setting or organization.Today’s health care professionals need to be accountable for the use of information systems that are repositories for copious amounts of protected health information (PHI).SHOW MORE
- Toggle DrawerQuestions to Consider
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.
- How do nurses develop best practice?
- How does research support best practice?
- What are best practices in your organization that you think are exemplars for improving patient care?
- What nursing roles should be in place to support the use of evidenced-based practice?
- How would you describe the concept of meaningful use and technology adoption stages: electronic health records (EHR) incentive programs, and how does this fit within the context of best practice?
- What are the main points to consider as you review The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and why is this best practice?
- How does the Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act (PSQIA) support patient safety and improved patient outcomes?
- Toggle DrawerResources
The following optional resources are provided to support you in completing the assessment or to provide a helpful context. For additional resources, refer to the Research Resources and Supplemental Resources in the left navigation menu of your courseroom.Capella Resources
- APA Paper Template.
- APA Paper Tutorial.
- Capella Resources
Click the links provided to view the following resources:
- Ethics and Evidence-Based Practice.
- SHOW MORE
- Assessment Instructions
Imagine an organization asks you to contribute to the development of an information system best-practices policy to help maintain patient safety and patient confidentiality in their practice setting. The organization wants you to create a document to help the group better understand why an informatics policy is needed and the practices that should be included in the policy.A nursing informatics best-practices document can serve multiple purposes, such as a handout for new-hire orientation or as a background report given to a committee tasked with creating or updating a nursing informatics best-practices policy.Preparation
To expand your understanding of nursing informatics best practices within the industry, research the most current information about the topics of nursing best-practices documents and nursing informatics best practices.Using the Capella library, the suggested resources, and other methods (Web search, for example), locate 4â€“6 scholarly articles related to best practices designed to support positive patient outcomes related to the following areas:
- The meaning of secure data practices.
- Ethical standards needed to promote and support data security.
- Patient confidentiality.
- Regulatory requirements.
- Behaviors and skills nurse leaders need to guide the use of information technology and research for improved patient-care outcomes.
Create a description of a nursing informatics best-practices policy document designed to define and encourage effective and safe data use in a practice setting or organization.
- Purpose Statement: Statement of why an organization would create the policy. Include any reasons and intent that supports the creation of an informatics best-practices policy.
- Best Practices Definitions and Descriptions:
- Definitions of secure practices, data security, and patient confidentiality.
- Ethical standards.
- Regulatory requirements.
- Behaviors â€“ describe the behaviors nurse leaders will need to demonstrate that will guide implementation of the policy.
- Skills required â€“ describe the skills needed to ensure policy adherence.
- Format your document using the professional format and style (corporate identity) used in your organization or practice setting. Note: If you are not currently working in an organizational setting, follow the formatting instructions below.Additional Requirements
- Written communication: Ensure written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Format resources and citations according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Number of resources: Cite a minimum of four peer-reviewed resources.
- Length: Submit 3â€“5 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Use Times New Roman, 12 point.