Let’s shine a light on how we identify ourselves and others. Definitions of identity may focus on who you are, the way you think about yourself, the way you are viewed by the world and the characteristics that define you. An example of identity is a person’s name. Another example of identity may be the characteristics others use to identify you as a member of a group.
Select one of these topics to research:
- Neck rings among Padaung (Kayan) women
- Japanese Horimono tattooing
- Scarification, skin-searing and branding in the U.S.
- Identify the topic you selected and provide a link to the source you used for information. (5 points)
- Discuss how your selection is a mark of identity by the people within the culture as well as outsiders. (15 points)
- Your submission should be 150+ words. (5 points)