In your discussion post address ALL of these questions (2pts). Number and label each part (so keep the bold part 🙂 so everyone knows what is what. Respond (provide constructive feedback) to at least 2 people (1pt each).
- TOPIC IDEA
- PERSONAL SIGNIFICANCE â€“ why did you choose this topic? Why does this topic matter to you? What is your expertise or background in this topic?
- RELATE TO AUDIENCE â€“ what might your audience already know or how might they already feel/think about this topic? how is this applicable to/ appropriate for this particular audience? How does this affect them? Why should they care?
- SPECIFIC PURPOSE – â€œTo persuade my audience that (your topic) so that (why?).â€
- SPEECH DESIGN – which design do you think best fits your specific purpose?
- MAIN POINTS – what are the important ideas you will cover in each main point based on the speech design you are considering?
- RESEARCH – are you going to be able to find enough credible, authoritative sources to back up your argument? have you started looking?
- MESSAGE – what is your take-away? what or how do you want them to think after hearing your speech?