newsletter article in human resource
A Newsletter Article on Performance Appraisals
Performance management includes activities that ensure that goals are consistently being met in an effective and efficient manner. Performance management can focus on the performance of an organization, a department, an employee, or even the processes to build a product or service, as well as many other areas. It should be noted that performance appraisals methods are not a one-size-fits-all solution, and there can be some challenges with the performance appraisal process. For this assignment, you will focus on the performance appraisal for an individual.
Assume you are HR professional and you need to draft an article for your local HR chapterâ€™s monthly newsletter.
In at least 3 full pages, discuss the following topics in order using the prescribed section headers in bold.
- Section 1- Trait-Based Performance Appraisal Measures. In this section, describe (1) the purpose and value of trait-based performance to measure performance and (2) the advantages and disadvantages of this method.
- Section 2- Behavioral-Based Performance Appraisal Measures. In this section, describe (1) the purpose and value of behavioral-based criteria to measure performance and (2) the advantages and disadvantages of this method.
- Section 3- Factors that Distort Appraisals. In this section, define at least 2 factors that distort appraisal ratings and give an example for each factor identified.
- Section 4- My Recommended Appraisal Measures. In this section, (1) identify and defend your preferred appraisals given your findings in the previous sections, and (2) explain how your preferred appraisal method osters strategic value to the business.
- Section 5- References. In this section, provide the full citations for 2 credible sources according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.). You also incorporated these 2 references internally appropriately.
- This assignment is not a traditional APA-styled paper. Therefore, an introduction and conclusion are not required for this assignment.
- Use one-inch margins, size 12 font, double-spaced line spacing, and page numbers.
- A minimum of two scholarly/peer-reviewed references must be included. Do not use blogs, Wikis, or anonymous sources. Visit the CSU-Global Online Research and Writing Lab (Links to an external site.) to learn more about appropriate references.
- Use Microsoft Word format to submit your document.