Modern Digital Design and Lab
Week 7 Lab
Overview: Understanding D/A and A/D convertors
Resources to consult: Digital Electronics: Principles and Applications, 8th Edition, Chapter 14, Figure 14-12
1. Construct the digital meter as shown in Figure 14-12 in the book with the following modifications:
2. Instead of a seven-segment display, use a bar display that lights up the number of bars in the voltage
3. You will need to replace the BCD to seven-segment display and the display
4. If the voltage is 4 volts, bars 4, 3, 2, and 1 will be lit.
5. Describe operation of the circuit. Capture output of the bar display along with the input voltage display.