listening discussion shostakovich
Week 6 Listening Discussion Prompt Guidelines
- You must create your own Thread (a.k.a. comment response to the prompt) before you can see other students’ comments.
- Your Thread (a.k.a. comment response to the prompt) needs to be of sufficient depth and a minimum of one paragraph in length which is no less than 100 words.
- Respond to at least 2 other students’ comments.
- You responses to the other students’ comments need to be of sufficient depth and a minimum of one paragraph in length which is no less than 100 words.
- In order for you to receive full credit and be “of sufficient depth”, I need to see proof that you watched the concert so reference something specific that stood out to you. Comments that are too general or vague, such as â€œThis piece of music really moved me I liked it a lot.â€ or â€œI agree 100%.â€, will not count for credit. It is acceptable to state that you liked it or agree but you need to support your claims and explain why you liked it or why you agree.
- Extra points will be given to people that reply to more than the minimum requirement.
Week 6 Listening PROMPT:
Listen to Shostakovich’s “Symphony No. 5”. Next go to the Keeping Score page (link: http://www.pbs.org/keepingscore/shostakovich-symphony-5.html) (Links to an external site.) and read the Keeping Score summary to assist you in responding to this prompt: This piece of music is said to have a hidden meaning. What do you think that hidden meaning is and how do you think Shostakovich achieved this hidden message without getting caught?