gender roles 4
Week 3 Discussion: Gender Roles
1111 unread replies.1111 replies.
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Section 3; Integrative Questions for Section 3
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
Initial Post Instructions
When traveling to other countries, it is important to know the male/female roles in each country. Not knowing these roles could cause problems in discussions impact the quality of their experience or your ability to care for them properly.
If you were helping a person from Saudi Arabia, New Zealand, Brazil, Thailand, the Czech Republic, Russia, or Rwanda, what would you need to know about the traditional male/female roles? Search the Internet for one or more of the above countries to find out about male/female roles.
Consider your research prompt using one of the following perspectives:
- Traveling for business
- Working with patients and clients
For the initial post, address the following:
- Share your findings with the class.
- How would this information influence your interactions with people of that country?
- What would you do to improve communication with those people?