Read the Case â€œBusinesses Respond to the Movement for School Safetyâ€ at the end of Chapter 2 (Page# 44 to 45) and response to the following:
- What was the public issue facing the companies in this case?
- Describe the â€œperformanceâ€“expectations gapâ€ found in the case. What were the stakeholdersâ€™ (community and school students) expectations, and how did they differ from businessesâ€™ performance?
- If you applied the strategic radar screens model to this case, which of the eight environments would be most significant, and why?
- Apply the issue management process to this case. Which stages of the process can you identify?
- In your opinion, did businesses respond appropriately to this issue? Why or why not?
- If you had been a manager of one of the airlines or banks discussed in the case, what would you have decided to do (or not do) in the face of emerging public concern about gun violence in schools?
Note: Needs to be plagiarism free