What to do:
- Read the chapters in their entirety, take notes or annotate if that helps you
- Read the questions, make sure you understand them and the concepts indicated before attempting a response.
- You MUST cite from the text in your responses. Failure to do so will result in a 5 point deduction per question/response.
- Find real world example(s) (e.g. web search) to use in your response, this shows me you can understand the concept enough to apply Please quote/cite properly.
- You should be writing at least half a page per response. No penalty for writing more
- 12 point font, double spaced
- Grading will be based on your responses and whether they reflect that you did the reading, whether you understood it properly and showed understanding through application of examples.
Chapter 6 Question (10 points) (half a page or more of writing per question/response, must cite from textbook at least once. Provide specific examples):
According to the text, what is public opinion and how it is measured? What are some issues that can arise when polling (for example problems with accuracy)? How is public opinion used in politics?
Chapter 7 Question (10 points – half a page or more, must cite from textbook at least once. Provide specific examples):
According to the text, why is voter turnout so low in the US? Do you have any examples, personal or otherwise that support that fact? What can be done to improve voter turnout in the US?